Long-term Impact, Mission and Value Statements
- Improved health outcomes in the prevention and management of chronic disease
- Improved value and quality of healthcare
- Improved access to innovative healthcare solutions
To advance research and create data-driven solutions that optimize health through commercialization, academic research, and partnerships with the public and private sectors.
CDIC researchers, staff, students and volunteers all have important roles in creating an environment that exemplifies the following values:
- Scientific Excellence: CDIC’s first commitment is to excellence in scientific work. We ensure a high standard of ethics and integrity in conducting our research.
- Innovation: CDIC encourages new ideas, creativity and risk taking. Through innovation we generate solutions for patients and partners. We aim to minimize bureaucracy and maintain focus on the mission.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: We follow a market orientation. We create change and embrace critical questioning, services and continuous improvement. In doing so, we identify opportunities and pursue them.
- Integrity: Integrity infuses everything we do and is central to the way we govern the organization, develop staff and work with our partners.
- Respect: We respect the contributions that each individual makes to ensure the success of our science and organization. We respect individuality and recognize the strength that comes from diversity of perspectives and background.
- Patient Centered: We engage patients and families as partners in our research processes. We honor the contribution of patients and study participants to our mission and commit to the highest standards of care, integrity and confidentiality in our services to them.